Some of you may have seen my post the other day with my new listing of my condo that I’m not only selling but I also own the unit as well. I know so many of you are confused and concerned as to whether now is a good time to sell with the Coronavirus issues we are dealing with. I’m taking precautions to not only only keep me and my neighbors safe but also any buyer coming into the unit as well. The real estate market is STILL STRONG. It is a good time to list your property if you have a solid plan in place to keep potential buyers and yourself safe. A little extra effort can go a long way to ensure that your home can still sell in this market.
What am I doing to keep everyone safe and still keep the condo on the market? Here are the steps I have taken to ensure everyone stays healthy:
- I’ve chosen not to schedule any open houses
- Showings will be scheduled individually
- I have asked all buyers to wait outside for the agent before entering the building
- All buyers and agents viewing the condo must wear gloves and a mask
- No more than 1 person is allowed in the building’s elevator at a time
- All surfaces in the unit are wiped down and sanitized after every showing
- And to minimize unneccesary traffic I have created a website featuring high quality photos and a virtual tour of the property. This can eliminate unwanted showings for buyers that the condo may not be a good fit for
I hope by making these simple choices in marketing my home will make a difference in keeping us all safe and healthy! If you also have any other suggestions I’d be eager to hear your input. If I can be of any help please feel free to reach out to me.